Insurance for Freelance Personal Trainers and Fitness Instructors

Easy as 1, 2, 3 – Personal Trainer insurance quickly, with instant cover.

Personal Trainer’s insurance by industry experts

Personal training is intense, insuring your business shouldn’t be

Everyone knows that health and fitness are crucial to our wellbeing. As a personal trainer, you had a dream to help your clients attain their fitness goals – your freelance business offers them the chance to get in shape and be the very best version of themselves they can be.

However, helping your clients get fit is a marathon, not a sprint, and things don’t always go exactly to plan. A client may sustain an injury while following advice you gave them for their fitness routine. This may lead to a claim for malpractice and spell bad news for your business.

So how do you protect your business from these kinds of accidents? Simple. Our Fitness Gold Personal Trainer insurance policy includes malpractice cover, so no matter the hurdle, you’ll always be protected. You’re free to focus on making your clients’ fitness dreams come true.

Does a Fitness Instructor need PT insurance?

If you work in a gym then you might already be covered for being a fitness instructor or personal trainer. Check in with them to confirm their gym insurance policy covers your workouts and routines.

If you are looking to insure your instructors and trainers then please have a look at our comprehensive gym insurance.

Don’t let life trip you up. Get instant cover with insurance from Fitness Gold today.

Premium Public Liability Insurance for PT, Without That Premium Price Tag

“So, what’s the catch?”
People often wonder how we can manage to keep our prices so affordable and still give them the same, premium quality cover.
We don’t play favourites. We always get you our best price possible, which keeps us a step ahead of the rest.
No tricks. Just comprehensive cover when you need it most.

*This price is for a £3m public, products and professional treatment risk liability cover (up to £5m available) and £10k financial loss cover for a sole trader. It includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. ALL customers will pay this amount UNLESS they choose to take out additional optional covers or treatments which are priced separately.
from £61.00* per year

What’s included

  • £3m Public Liability, Products Liability and Malpractice Cover (up to £5m available)
  • £10k Financial Loss Cover
  • Insurance Premium Tax
  • Our Admin Charge

Which type of Fitness Gold policy do I need?

Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.

Our Personal Trainer Covers

Our Gym Instructor / Personal Trainer incl Dance / Yoga Instructors Treatments

View Treatments Covered

Automatically Covered

Visit Our Health & Fitness Hub

"Will qualifications affect my insurance?"

Talking about qualifications when trying to buy insurance for your business can be a bit daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here at Salon Gold, we know that there is often a lot of uncertainty over what qualifications you’ll need to be covered, so we’ve compiled all the information you’ll need to know in this handy guide

Teacher Or Student Cover

Do you train other professionals to become instructors in your chosen activity? Our Teacher Training insurance is an extra optional cover. Just add it to any of our freelance hair, beauty, holistic or health & fitness policies. And we offer student insurance — at special student rates!

Personal Trainer’s Insurance FAQs

What happens if I train in new activities?

You will automatically be covered for all activities listed under our standard policy.  Providing you have the appropriate training, you will automatically have cover for any new activities providing they are included on our standard list.

Am I covered if I see clients at home or away from the gym?

Yes, our freelance personal trainer insurance covers you to work anywhere in the UK.

If you work at a gym, then you might already be insured under the gym insurance policy of your employers.

Do personal trainers need insurance?

If you’re offering personal training through your workplace, you should be covered under the insurance policy of the club or gym you work for. However, you must confirm this before you start working there to ensure you understand the extent to which their policy protects you. If you’re offering a freelance service to clients, you will need to arrange your own insurance.  You can get a quote online.

Do personal trainers need professional indemnity insurance?

Giving advice to clients is part and parcel of being a personal trainer. However, as well-meaning as your advice is, if it doesn’t work for your client, you could be liable to pay for any accidental damage it causes. Professional indemnity insurance protects you against any claims of this nature.

Do I need insurance if I work in a gym?

You should be covered by the gym’s insurance if you’re employed there as a personal trainer. However, it’s always best to check the gym’s insurance policy with your employer to decide if it’s enough for you. In some cases, you may want to take out your own, private policy for your own peace of mind. It’s also worth noting that you will only be covered by your gym’s insurance for any claims that happen on their premises. For example, if an accident occurs during a private PT session outside of the gym, your workplace insurance won’t cover it unless specified to do so.

Can I be sued as a personal trainer?

If your clients sustain an injury during your class or after following your advice, they could have reasonable ground to file a claim against you. Even though not all injuries of this nature are caused through negligence, you will still be held liable. This is why it’s best to have insurance in place to financially protect you from any accidents.

You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.
Get a Quote