Buildings Insurance

Keep your building safe and your business thriving.

Protect Your Business With Buildings Insurance

When you run a hair and beauty business, you know that your salon is far more than just where you go to work. It represents the result of the effort you put into your business, a symbol of your success, and a place your customers love to be. As such an important part of your livelihood, it’s crucial that you keep the building itself safe, no matter what.

While we have no doubt that you give your premises the utmost care and attention, sometimes it can be put at risk as a result of events outside of your control. For example, storms, floods, fires, vandalism and any number of other unexpected situations may leave your building unusable for some time. And how could you continue to operate without a salon? Luckily this won’t be anything you will need to worry about if you take out a buildings insurance policy with us.

If you own the building, or your landlord has given you responsibility for the insurance under the terms of your lease, our buildings insurance will cover the costs of all necessary repairs. It also provides you with the cost of leasing alternative accommodation to work from in the meantime. Aside from salons, we can also insure the building you trade from, if you work in the health, fitness or holistic sectors.

Our policy has been designed specifically with business owners like you in mind, and we would love to welcome you to the Salon Gold community!

What Do You Get With Buildings Insurance?

Your business premises will be protected by our buildings insurance, as long as it is located within the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. You can make a claim if the structure has been damaged, which includes the walls, windows and roof, as well as any permanent fixtures and fittings. However, buildings insurance only applies to the property itself, but not any items left inside it.  For example, if your salon was destroyed by a fire, you could make a claim for damage to the building itself, but not all the tools, materials and furniture that were also damaged. Luckily, a Salon Gold policy provides protection for all of your business’s possessions, thanks to the stock cover and contents cover that we include in your policy as standard.  You select the limit of cover you will need and we will do the rest!

Please note that buildings insurance is an optional cover which you can add to any Salon Gold policy. As a business owner, we will provide you with a package that automatically includes a number of standard covers to protect your company in various circumstances. For example, public liability insurance applies to any claims associated with personal injury or property damage resulting from your business activities, and you will also receive products liability insurance which covers liability for damages caused by any products you have sold or supplied. You will also be legally required to hold employer’s liability insurance if you hire a team of staff.

In addition to providing you with the key coverage any successful business needs, we also automatically include policies which have been specifically tailored to your sector. One of these is treatment risk cover, which pays out for personal injuries or property damage caused by a service offered by your business. This could be an allergic reaction to a skincare product, a cut from hairdressing scissors, or nails ruined by a manicure.

There’s no reason for you to settle for a generic insurance policy. Join Salon Gold to build a tailor-made package that gives your business all the protection it really needs.

Our buildings cover includes:

  • Optional cover for all salon insurance customers
  • Cover for your building including fixtures & fittings up to a limit selected by you


This cover is an optional cover for all salon insurance customers and is not available for our freelance or mobile customers

Do you own or lease a salon? Check out our beauty salon insurance package. Click here

Which type of Salon Gold policy do I need?

Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.

We cover treatments and trades in hair, beauty, holistic, fitness and counselling sectors

Salon Buildings Insurance FAQs

Why do I need buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance is not a legal requirement, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t invest in it. If you think about all the money you’ve put into your business, it’s immediately clear that your property is worth protecting. Hopefully it will never come to any harm, but if worst does come to worst, having buildings insurance will spare you from paying for the damage, allowing your business to continue operating as normal.  Please note that you will only need buildings insurance if you own the building OR your landlord has made you responsible for the insurance under the terms of your lease.

How much buildings insurance cover do I need?

The amount of cover you require will vary from business to business, and the primary factor determining your level of cover will be the cost of reconstruction and repair. You will need to insure for the full rebuild cost of your salon.  The building sum insured should include a number of extras which need to be taken in to account when calculating your building sum insured:

The cost of rebuilding the building itself

Architects’ and surveyors’ fees

Shoring up and removal of debris

Shop fronts, blinds and fitments (including signs)

Internal decorations to ceilings, walls etc

Landlord’s fixtures and fittings

If you are in any doubt as to the rebuild cost of your salon, you should seek a professional valuation

What do I need to get a buildings insurance quote?

It’s easy to get a buildings insurance quote with Salon Gold. Simply share the information we need regarding your business and premises, choose whether you require any additional optional covers, and we will provide you with an instant quote that you can activate immediately.  Buildings insurance can be added to any of our salon packages.

Do you offer buildings cover for mobile or freelance customers?

Most freelancers do not operate from a premises so will not have a need for buildings cover. However, if you do own a premises, you will need a salon insurance package to ensure you are properly covered and you can add buildings insurance on to the salon insurance package.

You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.
Get a Quote