Our self-employed insurance is designed for mobile and freelance professionals. Our standard policy automatically includes the following covers, all of which (excluding financial loss) offer a limit of £3 million per claim, which can be increased to £5 million if required.
- Public liability insurance — this covers accidental bodily injury or property damage resulting from your business activities.
- Products liability insurance — if a product you’ve sold or supplied causes a physical injury or property damage, this cover can protect you. Even if any injury isn’t due to negligence on your part, you may still be liable.
- Financial loss insurance — provides cover if a client suffers financial loss as a result of your business’s actions. Our standard limit for this is £10,000, although this can be increased to £50,000 for an additional premium.
- Treatment risk insurance — stay protected if a client makes a claim against you relating to a treatment you carried out.
- Malpractice cover and/or Treatment Risk Insurance *— this cover safeguards you against claims relating to bodily injury, or mental and psychological damage caused by physical procedures or advice you provided.
*Please note that your mobile and freelance policy will include either treatment risk or malpractice cover, whichever is the most appropriate for your profession.
You can also add any of these optional covers to your policy if you choose to:
- Stock/equipment insurance — protect your business essentials from loss, theft and damage (excluding mobile telephones and computer equipment).
- Personal accident cover — offers compensation if an accident or bout of sickness prevents you from working.
- Money & assault insurance — get protection up to £500 for any cash loss, including compensation cover resulting from bodily injury caused by robbery, theft or attempted theft.
- Employer’s liability insurance — a legal requirement if you employ staff, this safeguards you if a member of your team is injured on site, or as a result of the work your business carries out.
- Legal expenses cover — gives you financial cover for a wide variety of legal proceedings relating to your business. Learn more about our Gold and Silver policy options.
Comprehensive Mobile & Freelance Insurance Trusted by Industry Experts
Health & Fitness
Whether it’s working out or eating the right food. 1, 2 step your way to easy insurance.
Holistic & Complementary
Healing comes in many forms. From spirit guidance to holding that perfect yoga pose.
Specialised Mobile and Freelance Insurance
Running a mobile business or working as a freelancer is an exciting venture, allowing you to operate independently and take full control of your livelihood. However, going solo is not without its risks. Whether you travel to your clients, rent a chair in a salon, or work from home, you’ll need comprehensive insurance to ensure that your company is kept financially protected from accidents, property damage and more.
Salon Gold offers a mobile and freelance insurance policy that covers all bases, and can be adapted to fit the specific needs of your business. We provide insurance for a range of professions in the holistic therapy, fitness, hairdressing, and health and beauty sectors. At Salon Gold we believe that buying the right insurance should be simple and stress-free so join our community today to get the specialist cover your business deserves. Whether you’re a freelance fitness instructor or a mobile make-up artist, we have the perfect policy for you.*This price is for a £3m public, products and professional treatment risk liability cover (up to £5m available) and £10k financial loss cover for a nail technician or makeup artist (sole trader). It includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. ALL customers will pay this amount UNLESS they choose to take out additional optional covers or treatments which are priced separately.
Mobile and Freelance Insurance Trades & Treatments
- Barber Insurance »
- Beauty Therapist Insurance »
- Counselling/Psychotherapy »
- Face Painting »
- Gym Instructor/Personal Trainer »
- Hairdresser Insurance »
- Holistic/Complementary Therapist »
- Homeopath Insurance »
- Make-Up Artist Insurance »
- Nail Technician Insurance »
- Nutritional Therapist Insurance »
- Student Insurance »
- Trichologist Insurance »
- Abe Healing Insurance
- Acid Peel Insurance
- Acupressure Insurance
- Acupuncture Insurance
- Addiction Therapy & Counselling Insurance
- Advanced Electrolysis Insurance
- Advanced Sound-Wave Therapy Insurance
- Advanced Waxing Insurance
- Aerobics Instructor Insurance
- Alexander Technique Insurance
- Allergy Testing Insurance
- Angel Card Reading Insurance
- Angel Therapy Insurance
- Aqua Detox Insurance
- Aromatherapy Insurance
- Art Therapy Insurance
- Art Tutor Insurance
- Astrology Insurance
- Audio Sonic Insurance
- Aura Imaging Photography Insurance
- Auricular Acupuncture Insurance
- Aurora Therapy Insurance
- Ayurveda Insurance
Which type of Salon Gold policy do I need?
Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.
Our Mobile and Freelance Covers
For Salons & Fixed Premises
- Business interruption »
- Contents cover »
- Employer’s liability »
- Exhibition Cover »
- Failure of electric, gas & water supply »
- Failure of telephone line »
- Glass cover »
- Goods in Transit »
- Legal expenses cover »
- Money cover »
- Personal accident for hands »
- Products liability »
- Professional Treatment Risk »
- Public liability »
- Stock cover »
- 24 hour crisis & legal helplines »
Mobile and Freelance Insurance FAQs
Mobile and Freelance Insurance FAQs
Why do you need mobile and freelance insurance?
Mobile and freelance insurance is essential when you work independently, because without an employer who would normally organise appropriate cover, it falls on you to protect your business before something goes wrong. If you don’t have adequate insurance, you may find yourself struggling financially if you have to pay out for unexpected damages, losses or legal fees, such as damaged equipment or an accidental injury inflicted on a client. Mobile and freelance insurance is essential when you work independently, because without an employer who would normally organise appropriate cover, it falls on you to protect your business before something goes wrong. If you don’t have adequate insurance, you may find yourself struggling financially if you have to pay out for unexpected damages, losses or legal fees, such as damaged equipment or an accidental injury inflicted on a client.
How much is mobile and freelance insurance?
The cost of your mobile and freelance insurance will depend on the extent of cover you require. You may need a few of our optional covers on top of our automatic package. However, our premium cover starts at as little as £45.32 per year, including public, product and professional treatment risk liability cover of up to £3 million, £10,000 financial loss cover, and insurance premium tax and admin charges. This is an annual fee for all of our customers unless you add extra covers, as these are priced separately.
How can I reduce the risk of legal action as a freelancer?
The best way to keep any legal recourse at bay is to plan appropriately and take precaution before carrying out any work. For instance, to avoid an accident occurring to one of your clients, such as tripping over an exposed electrical wire, ensure your workspace is kept neat and tidy. You should also carry out risk assessments where necessary, listing anything that could cause injury or harm to you and others while you work. This will help you identify the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your clients. Keeping a record of your clients and their personal information is also a good idea, as this will help if you need to make a claim.
Mobile and Freelance Insurance Related Articles
Straight forward website. Easy to use. As with all insurers avoid auto-renewal.
Really quick and straight forward. Thank you
Very smooth and easy to set up!