The Beautiful Life
Beauty isn’t just what’s on the outside – it’s about making people feel good about themselves. As a beauty therapist, you believe that pampering is good for the soul, so you set out to make your own beauty business in order to give your clients that little bit of indulgence we all need.
Unfortunately, things don’t always go the way we hope they will. All it takes is a client suffering an adverse reaction to a product or treatment for all that hard work to feel wasted. And when you’re faced with a compensation claim, what do you do then? Does it mean the end of your dream?
At Salon Gold, we know that accidents are a part of running a business. Nowadays, large claims can be made for minor damages. We’ve included full treatment liability cover on our Beauty Therapist insurance policy, so one slip up doesn’t have to put a pin in your dreams for the future.
Let’s make people look and feel beautiful together. Buy your beauty insurance with Salon Gold today.
Liability cover and more with our beauty insurance package
What beauty covers do you really need?
- Beauty treatment risk liability insurance. If a client complains that a treatment you carry out causes them an injury or illness, for example a burn, scarring or an allergic reaction, you could find yourself faced with an expensive court case and a claim for compensation. This insurance would cover any compensation awarded to the client and the legal fees that you would incur.
- Public liability insurance is another important part of your policy. It protects you if a client or member of the public should suffer an injury caused by you, but not directly related to a treatment. So for example if you leave a. case on the floor and someone trips over it and is injured. Accidental damage to a client’s property is also covered, for instance if you break an expensive ornament or crack a glass table.
- Product liability insurance. This would cover you if you were to use a product on a client, or supply them with a product which is found to be faulty and which causes them an injury, or damages their property.
- Employers liability insurance is almost always required by law if you have any employees.
- And financial loss cover also comes automatically, at no additional cost.
- There are a few other covers that you can add to your policy if you want to, at good prices. They include money cover, stock/equipment cover, legal expenses, and personal accident.
Which type of Salon Gold policy do I need?
Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.
Our Beauty Covers
For Salons & Fixed Premises
- Business interruption »
- Contents cover »
- Employer’s liability »
- Exhibition Cover »
- Failure of electric, gas & water supply »
- Failure of telephone line »
- Glass cover »
- Goods in Transit »
- Legal expenses cover »
- Money cover »
- Personal accident for hands »
- Products liability »
- Professional Treatment Risk »
- Public liability »
- Stock cover »
- 24 hour crisis & legal helplines »
Our Beauty Therapist Treatments
- Acid peels (AHA/glycolic acid). Above 40% to be referred to us for approval
- Advanced waxing
- Airbrush tanning
- Application of false tanning products
- Aqua detox
- Ayurvedic Massage
- Baby massage
- Bamboo Massage
- Bikini Hair Colouring
- Bleaching of superfluous hair
- Body wraps
- Bowen technique
- Chinese Foot Massage
- Cranio Sacral therapy
- Crystal healing
- Detox foot spa
- Ear piercing using gun and stud method
- Electrolysis (epilation)
- Eyebrow treatments including plucking, shaping, tinting, threading, waxing, HD Brows, henna and lamination
- Eyelash treatments including tinting, lifting, perming and applying false eyelashes
- Eyelash extensions – semi permanent
- Eyelash perming and applying false eyelashes
- Facials including ionisation and steam treatments
- Faradic treatments
- Foot Massage
- Galvanic treatments
- HD Brows
- Henna art
- Hopi ear candles
- Hot stone therapy
- Indian Head Massage
- Infra- red treatments
- Lava shell massage
- Lomilomi massage
- Make up including day, evening, media, stage, fashion and camouflage
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- “Massage including:
Balinese, Bio-dynamic, Body, Deep Oscillation, Facial, Hand, Hands Free, Hawaiian, Holistic Facial, Korean Hand, Mongolian. Russian Honey, Slavic, Swedish, Thai Hand, Thai Herbal Compress, Thai Tui-Na Massage”
- Myofascial Release
- Nail cutting, shaping, varnishing, nail art, nail extensions, coatings cured using a UV or LED lamp
- Non-surgical facelift
- Oxygen treatments
- Paraffin wax
- Power Plates
- Pregnancy Massage
- Self tanning
- Semi-permanent eyelash extensions
- Spray Tanning
- Sports massage
- Su-do Body Art
- Thai Foot Massage
- Toning Tables
- Tooth jewellery
- Vacuum suction
- Vibro Plates
- Warm bamboo massage
- Advanced Electrolysis
- Dermalogica Bio Surface Peel
- Dermalogica Pro Power Peel
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Variable Pulse Light (VPL), Intense Flash Light (IFL), Light Heat Energy (LHE), Advanced Fluorescent Technology (AFT), Lasers
- Micropigmentation / Microblading
- Million Dollar Facial
- Nose Piercing
- Radio Frequency / Cavitation
- Teaching or Training
"Will qualifications affect my insurance?"
Talking about qualifications when trying to buy insurance for your business can be a bit daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here at Salon Gold, we know that there is often a lot of uncertainty over what qualifications you’ll need to be covered, so we’ve compiled all the information you’ll need to know in this handy guide
Teacher Or Student Cover
Do you train other professionals to become instructors in your chosen activity? Our Teacher Training insurance is an extra optional cover. Just add it to any of our freelance hair, beauty, holistic or health & fitness policies. And we offer student insurance — at special student rates!
Do beauty therapists need insurance?
Whether you’ve been in the business for 35 years, or you’re a fresh graduate looking to start building your client base, all beauty therapists need to have insurance. As you’ll be working closely with your clients, either in your own work space or at their home, it’s important that you’re not left financially liable for any accidents that may occur.
For example, if a client claims that a treatment you carried out is the cause for their injury or illness, such as a burn, scar, or allergic reaction, you may have to pay compensation. This can get costly, especially with any added legal fees, which may leave you out of pocket. Your insurance would cover these costs, ensuring you’re not left footing the bill.
What insurance does a beauty therapist need?
All beauty therapists should hold the following insurance policies: treatment risk liability, public liability, and product liability. Treatment risk will cover you in the event a client complains that a treatment caused an injury or illness. Public liability covers you if a client or other third party suffers an injury which you have caused, but is not directly related to the treatment, such as someone accidentally tripping over equipment. This policy also covers you for any accidental damage to property. For example, your products may leave a mark on your clients’ furniture or personal possessions. Product liability insurance covers you in case a product you sold is faulty or causes injury or damage to your client.
How much does freelance beauty insurance cost?
The cost of your Salon Gold freelance beauty insurance policy depends on whether you choose to add optional covers to our basic insurance package. It’s also dependent on your own experience levels, and whether you’ve taken out a claim in the past. Our team will work closely with you to create an insurance policy that’s perfect for your needs, and at a budget you can afford.
What type of insurance do mobile beauty therapists need?
When working as a beauty therapist on a mobile basis, public liability insurance is more important than ever. What would you do if you splashed tanning solution on a customers carpet or knocked over an expensive vase in their home? Public liability will protect you in these instances. Treatment risk insurance is also important in case you were to injure a customer during the course of a treatment.
Straight forward website. Easy to use. As with all insurers avoid auto-renewal.
Really quick and straight forward. Thank you
Very smooth and easy to set up!