Gym Insurance

Easy as 1, 2, 3 – Gym insurance quickly, with instant cover.

Gym Insurance by industry experts

Like all businesses, running a gym comes with certain risks. In particular, the threat of injury to customers in a gym is higher than with most other public spaces. Some of those risks can be dealt with, but no matter how good you are at what you do and how careful you are, the unexpected can still happen and that can result in your business incurring financial losses.

Whether you have a traditional gym, a boutique fitness studio, or a state-of-the-art exercise complex, gym insurance protects your business when these unfortunate situations arise. What’s more, if you offer additional services such as metabolic fitness, yoga and HIIT, you may not get the specific protection you need with a generic insurance policy. This underlines just why getting a bespoke policy with us is so useful.


What is included:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Products liability insurance
  • Treatment risk insurance
  • Financial loss cover

Our Gym Covers

Our Gym Instructor / Personal Trainer incl Dance / Yoga Instructors Treatments

View Treatments Covered

Automatically Covered

Visit Our Health & Fitness Hub

Which type of Fitness Gold policy do I need?

Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.

What is gym insurance?

Gym insurance is typically bought as a package featuring a number of different insurance covers. At Salon Gold, our comprehensive packages help to protect your gym business, regardless of the situation. As standard, we offer public liability, product liability, treatment risk and financial loss cover, all of which are crucial covers for those in the fitness industry.

Public liability insurance is the foundation of any insurance policy, and safeguards you should your work activities cause injury or property damage to a third party. As you’ll be in contact with your customers at almost all times in your gym, public liability cover is an essential cover.

Meanwhile, product liability insurance protects you if a product you make or supply causes personal injury to a client, whereas financial loss safeguards you if a mistake causes a client to incur a financial loss. We can also include optional covers in your policy for added extra protection, such as legal expenses, personal accident and contents cover for your gym equipment.

Here at Fitness Gold, all of our packages are bespoke, allowing our clients to get on with their jobs without worrying one mistake will be terminal for their business.

"Will qualifications affect my insurance?"

Talking about qualifications when trying to buy insurance for your business can be a bit daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here at Salon Gold, we know that there is often a lot of uncertainty over what qualifications you’ll need to be covered, so we’ve compiled all the information you’ll need to know in this handy guide

Teacher Or Student Cover

Do you train other professionals to become instructors in your chosen activity? Our Teacher Training insurance is an extra optional cover. Just add it to any of our freelance hair, beauty, holistic or health & fitness policies. And we offer student insurance — at special student rates!

Personal Trainer Insurance FAQs

What covers are included under the Fitness Gold package policy for gyms?

Our Fitness Gold policy (for gyms) is a complete package that has been designed for your industry. Cover can include the following:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Computers
  • Stock
  • Fixtures & Fittings / Tenants Improvements
  • Breakage of Glass
  • Money & Assault
  • Stock and goods in transit
  • Business Interruption (Loss of Profits)
  • Public Liability
  • Malpractice Insurance
  • Employers’ Liability
  • Personal Accident (for Hands)
  • Legal Expenses
  • Terrorism

What insurance do I need to run a gym?

Gym insurance comes in many shapes and sizes, but the most important covers to have are public liability insurance and malpractice insurance. Fitness Gold’s policy for mobile and freelance instructors includes these automatically along with a few others like products liability and legal expenses insurance. A more comprehensive gym insurance will have more covers attached to it, such as buildings insurance, cover for loss of profits and contents cover for gym equipment and other items.

How much does gym insurance cost?

How much gym insurance will cost you depends on various factors, including your experience, claims history, how much cover you require and how secure your gym is.

When will my gym insurance start?

Your gym is safeguarded from the moment you take out an insurance policy with Fitness Gold. You don’t need to wait around for any documents as you’ll be covered right away.

How do I make a claim on my insurance policy?

If you think you need to make a claim on your insurance policy, contact us straight away. We will work through the claims process with you and help you get a settlement. You can also go to our Make a Claim page to begin the process.

You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.
Get a Quote