Hellen Ward, Beauty Ambassador, National Beauty Federation
Being aware of clients’ much-valued time during any festive season is essential – opening early and finishing late is all part of the usual salon build-up to the holidays to help keep clients on-schedule. For Richard Ward, the key is forward-planning with appointments and requests; if we know the client’s time constraints, we will do what we can to accommodate every request. Here are my top tips to clients for hair and beauty time management during any busy time of year:
- Where possible, double up your services: if you’re coming in for colour, utilise your time by having your manicure and pedicure while sitting in the colourist’s chair.
- If you’re rushing from the desk to the dancefloor, at Richard Ward you can request a speedy blow dry from not one but two of our team. Add in an express manicure at the same time and we guarantee to have you party ready within 30 minutes.
- If you’re having an up-do, there’s no need for a blow dry beforehand – you get a much better result if hair is a day (or even two) old.
- Make sure the reception team know you’re in a rush – your salon can have tea, coffee or even a glass of fizz ready for your arrival and take your bill while still in the stylist’s chair, so you can finish and run.
- Rather than a standard manicure, consider a gel-based one – they last up to 4 weeks (even if you have to stuff the turkey) and will see you through to the new year.
- Where possible, always book hair appointments early in the day – with the best will in the world, hairdressing is not an exact science and during December even the quickest of stylists may run late. Early appointments are always best to avoid hanging around.
- If your hair is feeling a little lacklustre, remember there are many ‘instant’ treatments which can easily be incorporated into your appointment with no extra time needed.
- Schedule your cut and blow dry during your lunch break; at Richard Ward, we can feed you, beautify you and get you out again within an hour.
- Your usual colour appointment may not be necessary – if you’re pushed for time, consider a T-section of colour to tide you over and still make your crowning glory seasonal photo-ready.
- Book ahead – in any reputable high-end salon, contrary to what you might think, you will get a better deal (as well as a better service) if you book ahead. We incentivise clients to book before they leave, like any good hair or beauty salon would, so take advantage of that! Don’t leave your diary at home when visiting the salon so that you can plan ahead!