What is Spray Tanning Insurance?

Dean Laming ACIIBy Dean Laming on June 1st, 2018

As with all businesses, there are risks and so if you’re offering a spray tanning service, you’ll need to make sure you have spray tanning insurance to cover you.

The main type of insurance that you’ll need is public liability insurance. All businesses need this but public liability insurance for spray tanners is slightly different because you’ll need to make sure your public liability insurance includes a treatment risk cover extension.

Public liability insurance

This type of insurance covers you if a compensation claim is made against you by a third party who alleges that they have been injured or their property has been damaged as a result of something that you have done or failed to do. As well as covering any compensation awarded, it also covers and associated costs and expenses such as any legal fees incurred, and your liability insurer will help you deal with the claim.

Public liability insurance isn’t a legal requirement but some compensation claims can cost more than £250,000 to settle so it’s not a type of insurance that you should consider operating without.

You should make sure that your public liability insurance policy includes a financial loss cover extension. This is because standard public liability insurance policies only covers claims that involve an injury or property damage so without this extension, you would not be covered if a claim was made against you for a purely economic loss.

You should also make sure that your public liability insurance policy includes a treatment risk cover extension.

Treatment risk cover

Standard public liability insurance won’t cover you if a compensation claim arises as a result of a professional activity. This means that claims arising out of the provision of spray tanning services would be excluded.

The treatment risk cover extension addresses this potential gap in cover and makes sure that you’re not uninsured in the event of a claim being made against you.

Other insurances

As well as public liability insurance, there are a number of other types of insurance that you should consider.

If you’re selling or supplying any products, you should make sure you have products liability insurance to cover any compensation claims made against you due to defects in those products. And if you’re employing anyone you should make sure you have employer’s liability insurance to protect you if a compensation claim is made against you by one of your employees, because you’re legally required to have it if you employ anyone.

You should also make sure you cover your property against accidental damage or theft via property insurance, protect your income in case you’re off work due to an injury or an illness via personal accident and sickness insurance, and protect yourself against unexpected legal bills via legal expenses insurance.

Related Salon Insurance Articles

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s). © Copyright 2024 Salon Gold | Salon Gold, Holistic Gold, Counselling Gold, Fitness Gold and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register. Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.