A Woman Was Nearly Blinded After A Severe Reaction To Her Eyelash Extensions

Share
Tweet
Share

20 year old Isabelle Edith Kun, from Ottawa, had visited her local salon to receive eyelash extensions on Tuesday last week.

Having previously visited the same salon for the beauty procedure, she asked the aesthetician if they would be using the same eyelash adhesive previously used – as she had noticed her eyes had become swollen after her last visit – Isabelle says the aesthetician replied “‘I don’t know the name of the glue we use, but you should be good”

Unfortunately, things were not good Two days later Isabelle had woken to eyes so swollen they were completely closed. ‘My girlfriend had slept over and I couldn’t even see her,’ Isabelle told CTVNews.ca. ‘I was having a hard time swallowing and even breathing.”

Isabelle was taken to the hospital where she was given both antihistamines and steroids to reduce the swelling, before being sent home and advised to continue taking the antihistamines. Unfortunately the swelling had still not calmed down (as of last Thursday).

Isabelle is urging others to ask for an allergy, and patch test before getting lash extensions. “‘Be very careful where you go. These people are dealing with your eyes, with your vision. I mean, this morning I woke up and I wondered if I would ever be able to see again.’

Related Articles:

Join Us Today!

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 5237 Reviews
Read all reviews »
Get a Quote