Spiritual Healing: What insurance does a Spiritual Healer need?

By Darragh Timlin on August 8th, 2018

Spiritual healing is about giving your clients peace of mind. To do that, you need to be at peace with yourself and one of the many ways to do that is with a dependable spiritual healing insurance policy.

Insurance is crucial for anyone working in a service industry as it not only protects you financially if a claim is made against you, but will put your clients’ minds at ease knowing they are dealing with a professional operation.

But kind of insurance do you need when working as a spiritual healer?

Malpractice cover

Trust is a precious currency when it comes to spiritual healing. Clients will build up a good relationship with their therapist and feel at ease in your company. However, that does not mean something can’t go wrong, and when it does, it’s best to be prepared. If a client makes a claim that your treatment has had an adverse effect on them and caused them to suffer injury, illness or loss, then malpractice insurance will help you fight that claim.  Malpractice cases can often run into tens of thousands of pounds, not to mention the damage to your reputation a successful claim can bring, so it is essential to be prepared for all eventualities.

Public liability insurance

Another important component of insurance for spiritual healers, this is not confined to claims made by your clients. Anyone can make a claim against you if they are injured, fall ill or have their property damaged either on your premises or as a result of your business practices.

Products liability insurance

If you use any products or supply them to a customer or third party and someone suffers damage or loss due those products being faulty, you could be open to a clam. Products liability will protect you against such a claim.

Employer’s liability insurance

If you employ anyone, even on a part-time basis, you are required by law to have employer’s liablity insurance. This is to protect you against claims made by people who work for you if they have been injured, fallen ill or suffered damage to their property in the course of their duties. Employer’s liablity covers anyone working for you and for treatments either carried out at your place of work or at a client’s home.

Level of cover

All policies come with indemnity limits, which is the maximum an insurer will pay out for any individual claim. Indemnity limits normally range from £1 million to £5 million and will depend on the size of your operation and the level of risk involved. A higher limit means you will pay a higher premium.

Related Holistic & Complementary Therapist Insurance Articles

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s). © Copyright 2024 Salon Gold | Salon Gold, Holistic Gold, Counselling Gold, Fitness Gold and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register. Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.