Make-Up Artist Insurance

Easy as 1, 2, 3 – Make-Up Artist insurance quickly, with instant cover.

Comprehensive make-up artist insurance at affordable prices

Made Up & On Fleek

Make-up is an art medium, and you should treat each client like a new masterpiece. Whether you offer private services for special occasions like weddings and parties, or you’re working backstage on photoshoots for high profile brands, being a freelance make-up artist puts you in charge of making people look and feel their best. But the job doesn’t come without its pitfalls. It only takes one client to suffer from a reaction to your products to leave you financially responsible for paying compensation, which could leave your business and reputation in shreds. Here at Salon Gold, we offer comprehensive cover in our make-up artist insurance policies, safeguarding your business and livelihood, and ensuring that you don’t pay more than you need to for insurance.

What’s included with our make-up artists insurance?

As a freelance make-up artist, you’ll likely work alone for all your clients, leaving you in charge of everything from booking clients to handling payment after. It’s also crucial that you practice excellent hygiene after each of your clients has left your chair, especially if your treatments don’t require single-use products. It’s your responsibility to clean and sanitise your make-up brushes and sponges, and neglecting to do this could be the reason why a client breaks out in spots, catches a more serious illness, or suffers an allergic reaction. We know that sometimes, accidents happen, and rather than lose out financially, due to the cost of legal fees and compensation that you may owe, a Salon Gold insurance policy is designed to protect your business. We’ve included the basic covers that all freelance make-up artists need as standard, so you just have to focus on your craft.

As standard, the freelance make-up artist insurance we offer includes public liability, products liability, treatment risk liability, and financial loss. Public liability protects you in the event your client sustains injuries or damage to themselves or their property as a direct result of you and your treatment. Treatment risk liability keeps you covered in case your work goes wrong and leaves a client injured. Product liability insurance is crucial to protect you in the event your client suffers an allergic reaction to your products. It’s also possible to add optional covers for extra protection, including employer’s liability, if you need it. Start a quote now to build the insurance policy that’s perfect for you.

*This price is for a £3m public, products and professional treatment risk liability cover (up to £5m available) and £10k financial loss cover for a nail technician or makeup artist (sole trader). It includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge. ALL customers will pay this amount UNLESS they choose to take out additional optional covers or treatments which are priced separately.
from £45.32* per year

What’s included

  • £3m Public, Products and Professional Treatment Risk Liability Cover (up to £5m available)
  • £10k Financial Loss Cover
  • Insurance Premium Tax
  • Our Admin Charge
Do you own or lease a salon? Check out our beauty salon insurance package. Click here

Which type of Salon Gold policy do I need?

Find out which insurance policy is right for your business by clicking below.

"Will qualifications affect my insurance?"

Talking about qualifications when trying to buy insurance for your business can be a bit daunting, but it doesn’t have to be! Here at Salon Gold, we know that there is often a lot of uncertainty over what qualifications you’ll need to be covered, so we’ve compiled all the information you’ll need to know in this handy guide

Teacher Or Student Cover

Do you train other professionals to become instructors in your chosen activity? Our Teacher Training insurance is an extra optional cover. Just add it to any of our freelance hair, beauty, holistic or health & fitness policies. And we offer student insurance — at special student rates!

Insurance FAQs

How to get makeup artist insurance?

If you’re a freelance make-up artist, simply click on the get a quote button and allow Salon Gold to start building the policy that’s right for you. As standard, you’ll get public liability, products liability, treatment risk, and financial loss insurance, with the option to add extra cover should you need to.

Do make-up artists need insurance?

While it may not be obvious, make-up artists do need insurance to protect themselves financially. As you work closely with your clients for their special occasions, it’s crucial that you offer the best possible service, without adding extra stress for your clients. You also have a responsibility to ensure your clients look and feel their best. So whether that’s keeping your equipment clean and sterilised between clients to avoid passing on any germs and bacteria, or simply going above and beyond to get them looking and feeling like a star, there is plenty that you’ll be deemed responsible for. In the event that you do accidentally ruin a customer’s outfit with a make-up spill, or they suffer a reaction to your products, having the right insurance in place will save you having to worry about footing the bill for any legal fees or compensation.


How much is freelance make-up artist insurance?

The cost of your Salon Gold freelance make-up artist insurance will depend on whether you want to add any optional covers to our standard policy. Your personal experience in the industry will also have an impact on the cost of your policy, as well as whether or not you’ve previously taken out a claim. 

You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.
Get a Quote