Do you need Insurance for Eyelash Extensions?

By Darragh Timlin on June 4th, 2018

If you’re providing eyelash extensions there are a number of different types of insurance in eyelash extension insurance that you should consider. The main one is public liability insurance. However, you may also need employer’s liability insurance, property insurance and personal accident and sickness insurance.

Public liability insurance

This covers you if someone claims compensation from you. As well as covering any compensation it also covers any associated costs and expenses. Your public liability insurer will also help you deal with any of the legal issues that the claim involves.

A standard public liability insurance policy will only cover compensation claims that involve bodily injury, death, disease or property damage. Claims that involve purely economic damages need to be covered by a financial loss cover extension, so you should make sure that your policy includes one of those.

Standard public liability insurance also excludes cover for compensation claims arising out of the provision of professional services, so you should make sure that your policy contains a treatment risk cover extension so that you are fully covered.

Public liability insurance is not a legal requirement, but compensation claims can be expensive to settle so it is wise to have this type of insurance. A claim for the loss of eyesight in one eye could easily result in a claim that cost in the region of £50,000, for instance.

Products liability insurance

This is similar to public liability insurance, but rather than covering compensation claims arising from things that you have done or failed to do, it covers claims arising from defects in any products that you have sold or supplied.

This type of insurance is usually bought with public liability insurance.

Employer’s liability insurance

This is also similar to public liability insurance, but rather than covering compensation claims from members of the public and other third parties, it covers claims made against you by your employees.

This type of insurance is a legal requirement if you employ anyone, even if you are only employing people on a part-time or casual basis.

Property insurance

Property insurance covers your business property against accidental damage or losses due to theft.

You might not need this if your business property isn’t worth a great deal, but bear in mind that when you add in the value of the computer equipment that you use to manage your business, the total value can be more than you expected.

Personal accident & sickness insurance

This type of insurance covers your income if you are unable to work if you are ill or you’ve been injured. A weekly benefit is paid while you are off work, and a lump sum is payable if you’ll be unable to return to work.

Related Hair & Beauty Insurance Articles

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s). © Copyright 2024 Salon Gold | Salon Gold, Holistic Gold, Counselling Gold, Fitness Gold and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register. Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.