What is Eyebrow & Eyelash Tinting Insurance?

By Darragh Timlin on June 8th, 2018

Eyebrow and eyelash tinting insurance protects your business against unexpected losses.

It is usually bought as a package that contains a number of different types of insurance to cover the various risks that you face. The main type of insurance is public liability insurance, but the package can also include:

    • Products liability insurance
    • Employer’s liability insurance
    • Property insurance
    • Legal expenses insurance
    • Personal accident and sickness insurance

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance covers you if a compensation claim is made against you. Claims can be made against you if you’ve done something or failed to do something and that has resulted in someone being injured or their property being damaged.

Compensation claims can be expensive to settle. Even a minor accident can result in a four-figure settlement and a claim for a serious injury can often result in settlements in excess of £250,000.

As well as covering any compensation awarded, your liability insurer will also pay any associated costs and expenses, including any legal fees that are incurred as a result of the claim. Your public liability insurer will also deal with any complex legal arguments that are involved.

Standard public liability insurance only covers compensation claims involving personal injury or property damage so you should make sure that your policy contains a financial loss cover extension. This extends the policy so it covers compensation claims for purely economic losses.

A standard policy will also exclude cover for compensation claims arising from professional activities. This is a problem because eyebrow and eyelash tinting is a professional activity. Eyebrow and eyelash tinting insurance should contain a treatment risk cover extension to address this potential gap in cover.

Products liability insurance

This is similar to public liability insurance, but rather than covering compensation claims that arise due to something you’ve done, it covers claims that arise as a result of defects in products that you have sold or supplied.

Employer’s liability insurance

This type of insurance is also similar to public liability insurance, but it covers compensation claims made by your employees rather than claims made by members of the public and other third parties.

Employer’s liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ anyone, even if you’re only employing people on a part-time or a temporary basis. There are severe penalties if you employ anyone and don’t have this type of insurance.

Property insurance

Property insurance covers you if your business equipment is accidentally damaged or stolen. This includes your business premises if you own your own premises or are responsible for its insurance due to the lease.

It’s easy to think that you don’t need property insurance, particularly if you don’t need to insure your business premises. However, it can be surprising when you work out the total value of your business property when you factor in the value of the computer equipment you use to manage your business.


Legal expenses insurance

This type of insurance covers you if you become involved in legal action. A number of different types of legal action are covered, including:

  • Disputes with neighbours
  • Disputes with clients
  • Contractual disputes
  • Tax/VAT inspections
  • Employment tribunals
  • Criminal charges

As well covering the legal costs, your legal action will also help you deal with the legal action.


Personal accident & sickness insurance

Most people remember to insure their business property and they remember to insure themselves if someone else is injured or has their property damaged. But they forget to insure themselves.

Personal accident and sickness insurance protects you if you are injured or fall ill. It pays a weekly benefit while you’re unable to work and it pays a lump sum if you’re permanently incapacitated.

Related Hair & Beauty Insurance Articles

This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s). © Copyright 2024 Salon Gold | Salon Gold, Holistic Gold, Counselling Gold, Fitness Gold and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register. Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
You need to be logged in to Your Account to make a payment. Redirecting you to Account Login.