What Insurance needed for Eyelash Technicians?

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 4379 Reviews
Read all reviews »

If you’re an eyelash technician, you’ll need insurance to protect your business in case something goes wrong.

The main type of insurance that you’ll need is public liability insurance. It’s important that you make sure you have public liability insurance tailored to your business because if you get standard public liability insurance you could find that there are gaps in your cover.

However, there are other types of insurance that you might need.


Public liability insurance

As mentioned, this is the main type of insurance that you’ll need. It covers compensation claims made against you by people who believe that you’ve done something or failed to do something and they’ve been injured or their property has been damaged as a result.

Some compensation claims can be expensive to settle. A claim for a serious injury can end up costing in excess of £250,000. Compensation claims can also involve complex legal arguments, so having a liability insurer available to help you deal with these claims can make a huge difference to the outcome.

Standard liability insurance will cover many compensation claims, but it only covers claims that involve injuries or property damage. You need to make sure that you have a public liability insurance policy that has a financial loss cover extension or otherwise you won’t be covered if a claim is made against you for a purely economic loss.

You should also make sure that your public liability insurance includes a treatment risk extension. A standard public liability insurance policy won’t cover compensation claims that arise from professional acts, so without this, you wouldn’t be covered if a claim was made against you as a result of any eyelash services you were providing.


Products liability insurance

This is similar to public liability insurance, but covers compensation claims arising as a result of defects in any products you have sold or supplied rather than claims arising out of things you have done or failed to do.


Employer’s liability insurance

This is also similar to public liability insurance, but rather than covering compensation claims made against you by members of the public, it covers claims made against you by your employees.

If you employ anyone you are legally required to have employer’s liability insurance.


Other types of insurance

You need to consider property insurance to cover you if your business property is accidentally damaged or stolen. You might not think your business property is worth much and isn’t worth insuring, but bear in mind that when you add in the value of your computer equipment that you use to manage your business, the value can start mounting up.

You also need to think about personal accident and sickness insurance. This covers you if you’re unable to work, either by paying a weekly benefit if you’re off work on a temporary basis or by paying a lump sum if you’re off work permanently.

The other type of insurance that you need to consider is legal expenses insurance.

Related Articles:

Our Reviews

4.9 / 5 Based on 4379 Reviews
Read all reviews »

Easy to use website, quick response to questions asked. Thank you

on Oct 23rd

Very easy to use, helpful and cheapest policy around! Thank you SalonGold.

on Oct 21st

Loved it. Super easy and the most affordable!

on Oct 20th
This website is intended for customers based in the UK and is therefore subject to the UK regulatory regime(s) © Copyright 2020 Salon Gold | Salon Gold, Holistic Gold, Counselling Gold, Fitness Gold and Henry Seymour & Co. are trading names of Barkdene Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 303965) for our insurance distribution and credit broking activities. Barkdene Limited is a credit broker not a lender. You can check this on the Financial Services register https://register.fca.org.uk/. Registered in England No 1842617. Registered Office – Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. All rights reserved.
Get a Quote