Lockdown eyebrow maintenance by Hollie from Hollie’s Home Beauty ……..
During lockdown I have been asked a lot about how to maintain the eyebrows! Amid this time you have a big brow potential for getting fuller & thicker brows. Not going out has its benefits!
Maintaining or tidying eyebrows is definitely something that you can do in the comfort of your home.
The most basic way to maintain your eyebrows is plucking/tweezing and here’s a few tips –
– Wash your face. Make sure the area and brows are clean.
– Clean your tweezers. Ensure there is no make up or hairs stuck on the tweezers.
– Lighting: it needs to be natural, face on and not behind or to the side of you.
– Use a mirror that can be hands-free and big enough to see your whole face.
– Look at and remember your natural shape.
– Pull the skin taut – less pain and it’s easier to grab the hair.
– Pull the hair in the direction it is growing. Avoiding hair breakage and ingrown hairs.
– You can apply brow make-up before you start, to give you more of a guidance. Applying make-up can give you a better idea of how you want and like your brows to look, making it easier to tweeze and see the shape.
Tweeze beneath and in-between the brows. Not above, as you can lose the natural shape.
Try not to trim the brows with scissors. This can be tricky and can completely change your shape.
Don’t compare your eyebrows to someone else’s. The shape of your face and brow is unique to you.
Take it slow and minimal to start with. You cannot put it back once it’s plucked out.
Remember less is more and … your eyebrows are sisters, not twins!
Follow me on Instagram for more beauty tips and advice – @Holliehomebeauty
or visit hollieshomebeauty.com for treatments