I hope you are keeping well and upbeat in these strange times in which we currently find ourselves 🌈
I guess I’d better introduce myself 👋
I’m Donna, a Hairdresser and Beauty therapist, based in Whitstable on the Kent coast, and Mum to 2 gorgeous little people.
My garden salon is organic and natural in every way possible, from the products I use right through to the bio degradable packaging. And my fave brands are the most clean and natural available. 🌸 I specialise in hair replacement systems for various types of hair loss. This passion arose after my mum needed help when her hair never fully returned after chemotherapy treatment, so I owe her a lot! But for now I just do her hair whenever she likes. 😍
During lockdown, my services have obviously been cancelled so I decided to create some fun, cheap, family-inspired activities for my clients and followers to try, not only to help my own creativity, but hopefully theirs too! Because whilst you can’t go to the salon, the salon can absolutely come to you, and this could finally be the moment you embody some self-care rituals.
Here are my top tips for coming out of lockdown like a goddess ✨🙌✨
1. Grab your fellow nail lovers and do a manicure and pedicure on each other. 💗
2. Now is the time to pull out all your favourite facial products and get your cleanse, tone, & moisturise game on point! 💗
3. Try some new make up looks – be bold and experiment! 💗
4. Raid the kids hair accessory drawer and try some new hair styles. Braids are all the rage right now; see how many new braids you can learn.💗
5. Create your own hair heat cap – put a conditioning treatment on, wrap in cling film, wrap in a towel and let the goodness do its thang! My (Hubby loves his!) 💗
6. And finally, put on some your music of your choice as you play (for my kids and me, it’s been some good old 80’s classics to lift the vibe.) 🎵
I’d love to hear what you’ve been doing to keep creative!
Bye for now,