As a Beauty Therapist or Hair Stylist, there are many ways you can up level your skills to generate extra income but have you ever thought of entering the world of weddings? With around 250,000 weddings last year in England and Wales it’s an industry that’s certainly worth looking into. Read on for the lowdown from lead tutor Jennifer Jane at the newly launched Bridal Makeup Academy and bag a 10% discount using exclusive code BMASG1.
Working as a Bridal Makeup Artist is extremely rewarding as well as being lucrative. It offers you great flexibility as you can work it in and around your lifestyle and you get to see some really special moments and be part of the most important day of a woman’s life.
Over the past decade I’ve had the pleasure of being by the side of over 350 brides, sharing with them the joy of their big day.
These experiences have taught me that the role of a Bridal Makeup Artist is not only to create the most beautiful bride, it is to help her feel her most confident by offering coaching and support with a sense of peace and calm. It’s easy to forget that the big day is emotionally charged and you are right at the centre of it all.
In addition to my hands-on role, I’ve also taught many aspiring Makeup Artists on a one to one basis, and now these skills are being offered through the diploma course at The Bridal Makeup Academy.
The Bridal Makeup Artist Diploma is a 5 day intensive course that will provide you with everything you need to launch yourself as a sought after, confident and successful Bridal Makeup Artist. Don’t forget to add your new skill to your insurance policy with Salon Gold!
Learn the craft, the business and the confidence
Not only do our students come to learn the latest trends and Bridal Makeup techniques, they come to learn how to launch their Bridal Makeup Artist business with confidence and keep on top of their game. We are here to support you and it doesn’t end with the course. We offer aftercare, support and encouragement so you can keep on growing once you’ve finished.
You will learn:
- Introduction to bridal makeup
- The role of the bridal make-up artist
- Your professional kit, tools and pro artist discounts
- How to apply makeup safely and hygienically
- Contraindications to makeup application
- Skin types, colour corrective makeup and camouflage techniques
- Colour matching, long-wearing foundation and concealer application
- Achieving flawless bridal skin
- Bridal beauty eye make-up. Smokey eyes, cut crease and the perfect eyeliner flick
- Brow grooming and false lash application
- Basic tear-proof eye lining and mascara techniques
- Long-wearing lipstick application and how to create the perfect lip shape
- Highlighting, contouring and blush techniques recognising different face shapes
- Airbrush makeup demonstration using Airbase makeup.
- Natural/natural enhanced and red carpet bridal looks.
- Mother of the bride make-up skills
- Consultation techniques, Bride speak and what to expect on the wedding day
- Client organisation, how to organise yourself and professionalism on the day.
- Business essentials, bookkeeping, accounts, pricing for profit, client contact and insurance
- Social media and how to market yourself effectively, branding, website setup and tips on SEO
- Portfolio development and how to keep on top of your game, taking great photos and the tools that can help you.
- Advice on creating the perfect website.
- Ongoing support
The course begins on February 24th at our exclusive London HQ The Wedding Gallery, No.1, Marylebone.
Register for £320 (Registration closes on Friday 14th February)
Get 10% off the full price of £1650 using code BMASG1
Where is the Bridal Makeup Artist course held and what are the hours?
The course is held at our prestigious HQ The Wedding Gallery, No 1 Marylebone, London, NW1 4AQ. Courses run on selected dates Monday – Friday 1030 – 1700.
Do I have to complete all 5 days to receive my Bridal Makeup Artist diploma?
Yes you need to complete all 5 days in order to obtain your Bridal Makeup Artist Diploma certificate which will allow you to gain insurance and work legally as a Bridal Makeup Artist.
Is the Bridal Makeup Artist Diploma certified?
Yes our Bridal Makeup Artist Diploma is quality assured and accredited by ABT and Babtec.
What materials are provided?
The Bridal Makeup Academy will provide all course materials in the form of a detailed workbook that will be sent out to you in advance, PDF resources and a full makeup kit for use on the course as well as a set of brushes. If you already have your own kit/brushes, we would encourage you to bring it along with you so we can offer advice on products etc.
Is lunch and refreshments provided?
Lunch is not provided however there are several cafes and bars close by. Refreshments of tea/coffee/water are available at break times.
Is my deposit refundable or can I postpone to a later date?
Your deposit is not refundable however you can carry it forward to a course at a later date.