Mobile And Freelance Hairdressing Liability Insurance
If you’re looking for the right insurance for your mobile or freelance hairdressing business, our liability policy will give you the protection you need. Whether you visit clients on a mobile basis or work as a freelance hairdresser within a salon, our policy will cover you perfectly. This specialist insurance that hairdressers can rely on is arranged via Lloyds of London – a name you can trust.
Get your quote and cover in less than 3 minutes and we’ll email your insurance documents to you. It couldn’t be easier!
How Much Is Freelance Or Mobile Hairdressers Insurance?
You will find that our hairdressing liability policy is extremely competitive! We have specialised in hairdressing insurance for over 25 years and because we insure many thousands of freelance and mobile hairdressers, we have access to very competitive rates. So we are able to offer you insurance cover you can trust for a surprisingly low price: just £44.34 per year if you buy online. This includes insurance premium tax and our admin charge.
Freelance Or Mobile Hairdressing Insurance Cover
AUTOMATIC COVERS (read more)
- Public Liability – £3 million or £5 million
- Products Liability – £3 million or £5 million
- Treatment Risk – £3 million
- Financial Loss – £10,000 or £50,000
OPTIONAL COVERS (read more)
- Employers Liability
- Legal Expenses
- Personal Accident for hands
TEACHER OR STUDENT COVER
If you require cover for teaching, you can add this option when you get your quote.
If you are a student, we can arrange cover for you too. Just get a quote for hairdressers insurance and click the student option on the online form. Or read more on our student cover page.
Mobile or Freelance Hairdresser Insurance Treatments
Cover is automatically included for the following hairdressing treatments. (Any endorsements that may apply will be shown when you get your quote, or click to view the endorsements now).
- Application of dyes, tints, bleaches, perms
- Application of nail polish
- Ear piercing using gun and stud method
- Eyebrow/eyelash plucking, shaping, dyeing, tinting and perming including semi-permanent mascara
- Application of false eyelashes
- Application of semi-permanent eyelash extensions
- Application of hair extensions
- Special treatment of hair: straightening and conditioning treatments etc. (if chemical straightening, up to 0.2% formaldehyde)
- Tooth jewellery
- Use of clippers/trimmers
- Use of cut throat razors
- Use of electrical equipment such as tongs, curlers, straighteners, hairdryers
Washing, cutting, styling and drying hair
N.B. we are only able to provide cover for hair extensions if you are a fully qualified hairdresser or beauty therapist AND you have attended a UK accredited course for the hair extension method you are using.
Do I Really Need Freelance Hairdressing Insurance?
You may think that your hairdressing business is low risk and compared to some other trades and professions, it is. But situations can arise that are outside your control and you need to protect yourself and your business against these possibilities. Sometimes self employed hairdressers think twice about paying for insurance but in the event of a claim, the premium would probably be a small fraction of the costs you would be faced with to pay for a legal defence or settlement .